News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wanted 10ft-11ft 5wt rod (New)

Started by Highlander, November 14, 2017, 02:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Will have a look at the Wychwood. Note they do not have a 5wt listed but a 4 might do for what I want it for. The cheaper Shakespeare may well fit the bill too I will check them out next time up a GCA. If I did not already have an Orvis Clearwater then that one would probably be my choice. May well still be.
Thanks guys
PS A 3wt that can subdue a 5 lb Sea Trout jumping into boat or otherwise must be a consideration.
:roll:
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

rannoch raider

I know you were aiming for a rod around the £200 mark but I thought I'd mention that there is a fantastic sale on at Orvis right now for limited period. They are doing a great sale price on their  Helios 2 rods which I rate as the nicest rods I have ever used by a very long way. They have a 10ft 4 weight that did retail at @£700 which has been reduced to almost half price. This is an awesome rod (look at the reviews) at a fantastic price. Here's the link.....

http://www.orvis.co.uk/p/helios-2-4-weight-10-fly-rod-tip-flex/7a77

If you click the add to basket price the further 35% deduction to £363 will be made to the price shown.

Highlander

Thanks Rannoch but bit too much to pay for a rod. I did have a cast with a Helios a while back & a nice rod it sure is. But for a rod I might only use 1.2doz times in a season I will stick to a cheaper option. Having said that I do look for a good build quality in any rod I buy so will be guided with that & not just price. Funnily I can usually tell if a rod suits me just by the feel of it even in the shop I have not been wrong yet in over 50yrs of fishing. Looks like the Wychwood may well fit the bill even in a 4wt though Billy stated his was a 10ft 5wt. SWMBO says I can have it as a birthday present so we will see what GAC has in December.
Tight Lines

Nemo me impune lacessit

Highlander

Got my rod today  River & Stream 11ft 4wt . My lucky day rod is now discontinued (already?) luckily they had one in the back shop (display model) RRP £150 got it for £100 so happy with that. Picked up an Air Cel 4wt floater for £30 so all in all a good day. Was going to get a lot of bits & pieces but SHMBO hints I might be getting GAC vouchers as pressies from family members so we will leave it to January sales.
One can never have too much tackle can one ? Thanks for all the advice guys. Tight Lines

PS The Orvis Clearwater of similar spec is a nice looking rod. If they did not have the Wychwood I would have taken the Orvis all be it double the price.

Nemo me impune lacessit

rannoch raider

Nice one. That'll do a great job for river nymphing and give you great fun from the boat. Great price too. :8)

Bobfly

Great when Santa  :Dcomes along with what you want.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page