News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedropete

haha thanks lads, they aren't tied for uist, Arthur created the "bregah" muddler and the "g12" for the lochs he fishes in and around northern scotland..appreciate the advice as always andy!! they are 10,s..shortshank specials 10 in the shank 8 in the gape..

Lochan_load

My first post on here for a long while and one of very few flies I've tied, this time last year I was half way through an order of 300 this year it's my 3rd fly of the winter  :shock: doing this one for the fly swap. A snatcher, I Came up with this one at the stravaig last year where orange seemed to be 'the colour'. Hot orange seals fur, fiery brown hackles and sunburst Jc cheeks. Shows up great in the water and gave me a great day on West ollay, stayed on all day. #14 Czech nymph hook.
[attachimg=1]

pedropete

nice one andy, good to see you back at the vice, that looks like a wee cracker!!

Lochan_load

Cheers pete, not my best tie but it's amazing how rusty you get! Few more to go  :lol:

rannoch raider

Simple and deadly.The wee snatchers have always been good fish takers. That's a nice colour scheme too.

Lochan_load

Here's a wet one......put it on as a shrimp pattern when we were fishing around the weed beds and boulders but it did so well I kept it on and it worked just as well on the long drifts as well.

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

It's one of those 'fishy food' patterns that could be taken for almost anything. I've had good results on a GRHE pattern.

corsican dave

i did one like that with a greenish body. works a treat in the high lochans
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Good wee flies dave, I like a hares ear one and a grey one with the fiery brown hackle. I'd never used them til a couple of years back when i read a guy who's done a guide to the north uist lochs. He was talking about how he likes using  them around the  machair margins for shrimps and like Jim says general food. That guys guide is good btw I'll see if I can find it and post the link.

corsican dave

mine are scruffy as hell. but the fish don't mind, fortunately!  :lol: they're kinda' semi-buoyant & then sink slowly with a bit of a tug.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page