News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Having a bit of a play with a new toy, finding bing enough CDC feathers is a big of a pain. Also a bit heavy on the wing:

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Looks pretty dangerous to fish in my eyes Robbie  :8). I'm using the bigger of the magic tool 'tables' and it's a real pain trying to set up short feathers . I'll probably invest in a smaller one to make life simple.

rannoch raider

Thought I'd try to stick to the two tone body effect in quite natural colours for this March Brown Jingler. It might not make much difference to the fish but you just never know ! :)
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]

Lochan_load

That looks a lovely fly Jim, they all do! With that body will it not cause the body to sink? With the hackle sitting on the top like a parachute? Maybe it's buoyant, I don't know but lovely tying as always.

Lochan_load

Day 2 Vaughan, I'm busy about the house just now so doing theses while I have a cup of tea in the morning  :lol: slow progress but at least 35 days til you can use them ;)
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Thanks Andy, The body is made of a strip of very light 'nymph skin' twisted into a 'rope' which is wound on tightly to give a segmented efffect it shouldn't absorb water and will have the support of the two tail fibbets but having said that, it could still sink in which case I would hope that the two hackles at the head would hold it up. I've always felt that many Jinglers probably do become 'emergers' at some stage in their use so not terribly worried about that. The suspended body and big hackle wouldn't be unlike a klinkhammer. I'll stick a couple in the 'specials' box and give it a swim when I'm desperate.  :)
I've really just been monkeying around with materials for a bit of fun and to be honest its hard to come up anything that's any real improvement on what's already out there. The break from the traditional gives the mind a wee treat. :lol:

rannoch raider

Still playing around with March Brown colours but a more traditional look and materials this time! Top and 'fish eye' views.....................

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Robbie

That's very nice!!

Been have a play with wulff type flies and the petitejean magic tool, came up with this CDC mayfly wulff type thing:

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

I really like that Robbie. Its a great style that you could apply to so many patterns. lovely job.  :8)

Lochan_load

Is the magic tool a type of dubbing loop? The flies are excellent by the way, Jim that last dry you put up is a belter.

Go To Front Page