News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Moles

Started by piscatus absentis, January 30, 2009, 09:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

Has anyone noticed the number of fresh molehills that have appeared in the past few days?

Is there a reason for this?  A sudden expansion of the mole population?  A shortage of worms so that the moles have to travel further and throw up molehills?  Or what?

I can't remember ever seeing so many at this time of year. 

Fishtales

This is the time of year when the young moles are forced out to fend for themselves as the adults get ready for the breeding season. They also enlarge and clear the runs of the colony for the new youngsters. There does seem to be more of them this year than normal though :) There is another flurry of digging later in the year.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Pete

PA, me and the family were commenting on this very thing last weekend on the way to Selkirk.  There were fields covered and I mean covered in mole hills.  I certainly haven't ever seen so many, why this should be though I haven't a clue.

Pete

Dunbar

For the first time in the 5 years I have stayed here, we have had an explosion of mole hills on the lawn. Only my freaking garden, those either side have been untouched. :?

Any non lethal solutions? I have enough moleskin for flies....

Wildfisher

Quote from: bordertroot on January 31, 2009, 06:05:34 PM
I bought one of the `sonic` deterents,

are these not for keeping hedgehogs away?    :D

Ian_M

I'd like to see the ba*ta*ds try to dig in my clay!  They'd soon give up and move elsewhere.
Ian

alancrob

The one time I was infested I found the hose down the hole for 20mins worked!  Does that count as cruel?

A.

Pearly Invicta

The sonic devices must be made by the same snake-oil salesmen that make the mouse ones. Nae bloody use at all.
I had a mouse chew the fecking plug powering the sonic deterrent!`

The General

They are no dead they are just hingin oot to dry after a soaking by Alancrob

Davie

Go To Front Page