News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Grousenomics

Started by Wildfisher, November 13, 2010, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushy palmer

Quote from: Inchlaggan on June 17, 2011, 01:03:49 PM
I have always been interested in what we Britons will or will not eat- horse anyone?
On safari in Kenya our Masai guide would tell us the common (English), latin and local names of each animal spotted. An antelope was identified as "kongoni" and I commented that I had tried that for dinner the previous night- delicious. The other couple in the Land Rover were horrified- how could I eat wildlife?

Fashion and Fad seems to come in to here. Many of the things once thought of as peasant dishes could now command ridiculous prices in a resturaunt.

I once did the "tourist-y" thing whilst on holiday and went on a guided tour of the ruins of an old city. When we reached what was aparently the "slums" area of the city our guide told us of how the people would have to "survive" by drinking claret and eating oysters- because they were poor :shock:

dazdidge

Oysters and other shellfish used to be considered food for the poor not so long ago, which is why they find middens full of their shells around the old slums of Edinburgh

Scotaidh

Some interesting comments on "the other forum" regarding cormerents.

Unnatural abundance of fish in inland waters greatly declines overwintering mortality, thus increasing population.  Factor in declining marine fish stocks and you have yourself the perfect recipe. 

Wildfisher

Quote from: Ardbeg on June 26, 2011, 08:02:48 PM
Aye, some numpty had hinted that he would like to see otters targetted too :shock:.

I saw the same hint by another well  known numpty on a stockie bashing forum.  :roll:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on June 26, 2011, 09:17:48 PM
my l i dare say he did nothing different to any highland gamekeeper in the same situation

you are right, he commited a criminal offence

Go To Front Page