News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

life jackets on aeroplanes?

Started by corsican dave, November 11, 2015, 08:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

has anyone got any experience of taking life jackets on aeroplanes? from what I can see the regulations state a maximum of 28g cartridges, yet all the life jacket ones are 33g.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

hopper

It's alright Dave they supply one you will find it under the seat. :lol:

Wildfisher

I would be very surprised if it was allowed.

corsican dave

Quote from: hopper on November 11, 2015, 08:11:50 PM
It's alright Dave they supply one you will find it under the seat. :lol:
feck that, i'll just kiss my ass goodbye  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

I'm leaving the auto-inflate jacket at home and buying a foam buoyancy aid. They are a bit bulkier, but about 1/2 the weight.

corsican dave

compact, cheap, effective:

corsican dave

i'm not exactly sure, but I think this means they're okay.... :? :roll:

I understand your concern but can inform  that Small non flammable gas cylinders, containing carbon dioxide or other suitable gas in Division 2.2. Up two (2) small cylinders fitted into a life jacket, and up to two (2) spare cartridges per person, not more than four (4) cylinders up to 50 ml water capacity for other devices.
I hope this helps you.
Regards,

Anupa
easyJet Customer Services

Bobfly

Dave,
A piece in the latest T and S, about trips abroad, says put our life-vest in the hold luggage and if you have a spare CO2 cylinder for it then tape that to the vest to keep both together.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

corsican dave

just received this I response to my request for clarification of their first reply:
Thank you for your email and I apologise for the delayed response as we receive high volumes of correspondence and it has affected the response time.
I wouldlet you know that  a small non flammable gas cylinders, containing carbon dioxide or other suitable gas in Division 2.2. Up to (2) small cylinders fitted into a life jacket, and up to two (2) spare cartridges per person, not more than four (4) cylinders up to 50 ml water capacity for other devices

Yours sincerely

Blossom
easyJet Customer Services

well, that clears things up nicely  :lol: :roll: thanks Blossom!  :8)

corsican dave

Go To Front Page