News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Caught by the River

Started by tomsampson, August 27, 2016, 09:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomsampson

http://www.caughtbytheriver.net/

A friend pointed me in the direction of this website. Not as fishing orientated as it sounds, but it has some gems hidden in there, among some silliness it has to be said. I am enjoying it anyway.

Clan Chief

been reading it for years.  A great blog!

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Clan Chief

I can highly recommend the words on water book . I particularly like Bill Drummonds chapter, " The Penkiln Burn. " I'm sure there is a piece of audio on the the blog somewhere with Drummond reading his chapter.

corsican dave

Quote from: Clan Chief on August 27, 2016, 11:30:03 PM
I can highly recommend the words on water book . I particularly like Bill Drummonds chapter, " The Penkiln Burn. " I'm sure there is a piece of audio on the the blog somewhere with Drummond reading his chapter.

there is. i'll see if I can find the link. I downloaded them all to I-player. I think my favourite was the one about the skating races on the fens. Norwich to London  :shock: !
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

Go To Front Page