News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

fishpond vaquero waxed vest: PSFGC approved

Started by corsican dave, August 22, 2016, 11:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

One review says: "Did I mention that they are attractive? Let's just say that when you first lay eyes on the waxed cotton version, you will likely know how your wife feels at the sight or even mention of a Prada purse. It is just flat out cool and a perfect blend of old school style and modern functionality."

Yep.  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Otter Spotter

It simpy drips individualtiy, exudes sophistication and wouldnt look out of place in the trenches of the great war!

The fishpond badging is classy too!

I cant believe that on top of all this its 'Functional', also!
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

corsican dave

Quote from: Otter Spotter on August 22, 2016, 12:12:30 PM
It exudes sophistication
damn. I knew there was a problem somewhere  :lol:

it's way lighter than I expected and it's not at all "sticky". very well made. if it lasts as long as my original Patagonia vest i'll be leaving it to my nephew in a few decades time  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Lovely that! Don't wear a vest myself but if they did a waist pack I'd be interested

Otter Spotter

I had a fishpond 'Fanny Pack', in fact its probably still kicking about in a cupboard somewhere, I'll look it out if you are interested :)
Looks great but is functionally weak. Its like having a really big waistcoat pocket round your waist! Imagine double the contents of your waistcoat pocket rattling around in a single pocket, but with the added disadvantage of spilling everything all over the shop every time you open it, you'll get the idea :)

Lochan_load

I use a pretty cheap army surplus one, I'm on my second. I don't like a vest or a bag and only take a couple of bits so the fanny bag suits me  :roll:

Wildfisher

Having tried similar designs I found  the large boobs sticking out of the front  got in the way.   I have tried various sling packs, bum bags, fishing rucksacks and still keep coming back to my old Vision  fly vest. It's not ideal, but it is the least cumbersome and least annoying. Beware of fly fishing fashion - it is marketed for posers. :lol:

JimJams

I can't seem to get along with anything these days, tried the bum bags, chest packs etc, I literally fish minimal these days, meaning just a jacket, with tools, leader and a couple fly boxes. Everything else gets left in the car, unless float tubing and it all gets thrown in the arm pockets.
If I'm walking some distance I'll throw some stuff in a normal rucksack.

Otter Spotter

Quote from: Lochan_load on August 22, 2016, 07:39:20 PM
I use a pretty cheap army surplus one, I'm on my second. I don't like a vest or a bag and only take a couple of bits so the fanny bag suits me  :roll:

Am certain you'd look very dapper in one of these bad boys :)
https://www.fishingmegastore.com/tf-gear-force-8-bum-bag~9744.html

Be aware however that this one IS NOT PSFGC approved  :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Otter Spotter on August 23, 2016, 09:45:51 AM
Be aware however that this one IS NOT PSFGC approved 

Ah well, that's off my list then.  :lol:

Go To Front Page