News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

I think that's a good flee :D   Sort of a cross between a Peter Ross and the Irish Cock Robin and that is good parentage !
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Clan Chief

This one is a bit more true to the original pattern although looking at pics of original dressing it should maybe be more heavily dressed. I don't suppose it will make any difference to the troot. I imagine the only time you need to stick to an original dressing is for display purposes and the like. Far too much is made of sticking to exact original dressings for success with troot.

garryh

the original fly was tied with the darkest blue pigs wool which looked black and the true colour could only be seen when held up to the light.these are the words of E J MALONE  author of Irish trout and salmon flies. any modern versions of Ballinderry black seals fur that i've seen just seem to have a little dark blue mixed in with black. whether this makes a better fly i couldn't say .

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Robbie

That is a cracking looking fly, very nicely tied.

Bobfly

There needs to be a category called      "Hybrid Flies - The Real Killers"    :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

Love that Andy, my Tippett is all hot orange just because that's all I've got but I do prefer it. The mallard is nice blue

Lochan_load

Embracing my inner scruffy after doing a load of traditionals!
[attachimg=1][attachimg=1]

JimJams

They're lovely mate! Do the job nicely!

Lochan_load

Refined it a bit.....can't bloody help myself!
[attachimg=1]

bibio1

I'm also getting into a leggy phase in an effort to get motivated for south uist.

Go To Front Page