News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

How about another fly swap?

Started by Steve, November 16, 2005, 10:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Now we have a lot more members I wondered if it was time for another swap?
I thought along the lines of the fly that worked best for you this past season.
If you are interested just reply to this topic with a description of the fly you are going to tie and why you liked it.
Shall we start when we have a dozen participants?
Steve
PS
How it works.
Tie one copy of your fly for everyone who takes part, send them to me and I will divide them up and send you back a fly from each tyer.

rabbitangler

lnelson20

I believe Swithun may have a point Steve,green tailed kate,deer hair emerger etc seem to be the most popular type of flies at the moment,and we all probably have these :wink: anyway,put me doon for the Fox's poopah,time to make an arse of myself again :twisted: You sure got a lotta patience Steve 8)
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

Put me down for some olive Fredhogs

Wildfisher

If you remember to tie the wing in first, the DHE is dead easy to tie. Also, do not faff-about getting the dubbing mix right. Buy ready prepared hares mask / guard hair mix (oddly enough available in the shop ) no kidding it is cheap and saves  A HUGE amount of frustration. Dub the body very sparsely (use Sandy?s tip, take what you think  you need and then ? it) If you tie the wing using light elk hair it is so visible even an auld ? blind bugger  like me can see it 20 yards  away.  :lol:

Wildfisher

Anyone who has not entered a  swap here before would  do well to consider it. For example the Johnny Bandy Catcher, is well worth having and not available in the shops!

Wildfisher

I agree John,

If my flies were being judged in a beauty contest they would definitely be in the ?Daphne Broon? category.  What matters is taking part. But there is not point in struggling to tie something you are not happy with, no fun in that. Keep it simple, after all pennels etc are easy and among the most successful flies ever.

V-4

Note for Swithun:-

For 'Daphne Broon' read "Tracey Emin'

Get the drift?

Regards, Tim.

lnelson20

Point taken lad's :D of course the pattern is not important,and whether we have them or not,it's the taking part right enough :D
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

That?s 7 participants so far.

We are aiming for at least 12

Any more takers?

Go To Front Page