News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Its that time again. Another fly swap!

Started by Steve, February 06, 2006, 02:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nant_fisher

Adventure time

lnelson20

Charlie mclean,the rather large pattern with the red tail and white head hackle :roll: hope it catches you a troot or two :)
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

drumgerry

You mean you want us to admit to what we've done before one and all?!  :oops:  Hmmm...ach well there's nae harm I suppose!  Mine was the "Orange Partridge Soft Hackle" with orange seal fur and hares's mask body with brown partridge hackle.

Cheers

Gerry

nant_fisher

Mine was the the one with pearl lurex body ribbed over peacock herl and a ginger hackle. I just made it for the tie, i hope it catches someone a fish. I think il call it the......pearlcock fly. :roll:
Adventure time

beaniboy67

Quote from: Bandy CatcherIf everybody can describe their fly, and name it, I'll be happy to photograph them all and post the picture with their names and tyers on the site.

I tied a new fly which I called the 'Bing Bong'. Curved hook, black floss silk body ribbed with pearly mylar. Thorax of brown rabbit hair, and a hackle feather from a jungle cock cape (black centre, white tips) tied over the thorax.

John

that looks deadly.jumped right oot at me.hopefully will do the same to  the troots  :lol:

rabbitangler

Ahhh girls!! :D

Dontcha just love them!! :lol:  :roll:  :roll:

Ptinid

Did anybody actually manage to take a picture of all the flies? The reason I ask is that I think the most successful fly I had in France was from either this fly swap, or the last one.

It was a wet black, with a sparkle tail. moved great in the water and took about 8 out of 20 fish (till I lost it in the mouth of a monster trout!).

I can kinda copy the tying, but would love to get the correct recipe. I'd like to tie a few for the friends I made in France.

Can anybody help?

Please?
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

nant_fisher

Did that fly have a badger hackle, a sparkly tail, a dark peacock body and a thin copper rib? If so that was the fly i was having all the succes with on tiree caught me my two best fish on the fly and loads of others. I'm away to write up a report so you can see the results of the fly in their.

Robbie
Adventure time

Ptinid

That sounds like it. Thanks for the recipe  :)

Look forward to reading your post
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Go To Front Page