News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Snow Wolf Family and Me

Started by lnelson20, December 30, 2014, 03:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnelson20

Really enjoyed this documentary with Gordon Buchanan last night.Second instalment tonight 9pm worth a watch.

Chris.
c.nelson

Inchlaggan

Totally agree, I plan to settle down with the Christmas malt and enjoy part two. The wolf and the electric fence bit was perfect- Wolves 1 Technology 0.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

I saw that. Big white dugs - excellent stuff! Must watch part  two this evening. I'm nut sure if he is brave or just nuts.  :lol:

Lochan_load

sinbad

Was interesting that he noted when he was deliberately watching them they kept their distance but when he went about ordinary natural tasks like drinking from the river they relaxed and ventured much closer. Some great film in part one.
Cheers for reminder I'd forgot part two was tonight.
BBC2

scoobyscott

Will need to check I player to see part 1

Wildfisher

Part two was good. Throwing a stick for a wolf, that has to be a first. They are remarkable animals and it's not hard to see how they became domesticated.

It's astonishing how much that tundra looks like a huge if more fertile version the Cairngorm plateau.

lnelson20

It would be nice if a fishing programme was made along these lines,lone fisher wandering the hills with camera crew.No waaaheee waahooo high five pish :? Surely a winner.

Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

Aye Chris, it's a shame Gordon Buchanan doesn't go fishing - or perhaps he does but prefers keeping the spots to himself.   :lol: I like his quiet, relaxed style.

Lochan_load

Caught a couple of minutes of last nights but I'll need to try and catch it all on iplayer, I saw another thing he did getting to know bears in Canada, it was good as well.
There was another documentary about an American guy who brought up a brood of wild turkeys and spent a year as part of their family, I know this sounds a bit weird but it was brilliantly done and great to watch, the bonds he formed with the turkey's was surprising but very touching. Well worth a watch of you can find it online.

Go To Front Page