News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Ally 15 folding canoe: the ultimate fishing exped boat?

Started by corsican dave, January 08, 2015, 10:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: Bobfly on January 08, 2015, 02:36:03 PM
Very interesting piece of kit!
At 18Kg is this the very same as the Finnish or Swedish guy was using on his back-country tour? How would you get on for assembly in the heather and bracken and stones of a loch-side building spot rather than the floor in a spare room?
I think so, Vaughan. to put it in perspective, the feel free nomad weighs 22kg and my old canoe 38!

to be honest, building it on heather etc wouldn't be any worse: you don't need a flat surface and in some respects a bit of "give" and a bit more room to manoeuvre would be quite pleasant. as for the midges and the p##sing rain, well that's a different matter :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Part-time

Looks like a useful bit of kit Dave :)  A bit of practice and I'm sure you'll be able to build it blindfold in 20 minutes - in the rain and midgies :)

corsican dave

the finished article, set up for solo paddling (fishing). the seats bolt in in a minute or two, so it's an easy matter to set it up for tandem use. really light, really strong. super piece of kit  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

I remember on one of our Irish visits being introduced to one of several of the local Germans. He had had his folding canoe fold up on him on Lough Mask because of some fixing that he apparently forgot to fix in place !! Not dissimilar to the origami job in Alan's picture above. Caused huge amusement amongst the Irish locals who would not not want to go out in less than a minimum of a 14' boat with 4hp outboard and a fair number of six-packs for essential ballast.

This new Ally piece of kit looks to be a very different beast and the video of it in use in Scandinavia is very impressive where he drags it up through some rapids.  :) :) 
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

SoldierPmr

You will need to get a working sled dog to lug it around and to sit in it :lol: looks fantastic though. :D

shad

Looks great Dave , plenty room for a small passenger ??

corsican dave

Quote from: shad on January 09, 2015, 07:26:54 PM
Looks great Dave , plenty room for a small passenger ??
or even quite a large one, Colin  :D the carrying capacity's 300Kg. I left the second seat out for now as it'll be mainly me using it solo for the next couple of months

Bobfly

Do you do trips down the Spey ... say from Feshiebridge .... ?? :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

corsican dave

Quote from: Bobfly on January 10, 2015, 03:33:57 PM
Do you do trips down the Spey ... say from Feshiebridge .... ?? :D :D
yes Vaughan. it'd be a pleasure :D

Go To Front Page