News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Ally 15 folding canoe: the ultimate fishing exped boat?

Started by corsican dave, January 08, 2015, 10:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

Would be a grand trip that! Not too long before there will be primroses on the banks and birdies cheeping ....  :D :D
Been from Kingussie down to Feshie three times using a canadian job from Loch Insch but that is as far as I've gone.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

rannoch raider

Very nice Dave, That'll open a whole new world of loch fishing up for you. Split the 'gubbings' between two walkers and you could go pretty much walk anywhere with it. It'll be interesting to see your catch reports at the end of this season.

aliferste

sinbad

Its a smashin looking canoe Dave. Had nt realised how light they are, sorely tempted. Please give us lots of reports from your trips this year. I'm sure you will  :)

Tweed

Looks a great piece of kit - and a useful addition to the armoury.  looking forward to hearing how you get on this year.

Andy

corsican dave

Quote from: sinbad on January 10, 2015, 07:22:01 PM
Its a smashin looking canoe Dave. Had nt realised how light they are, sorely tempted. Please give us lots of reports from you re trips this year. I'm sure you will  :)

yep, it'll make a lot of difference being able to lift it onto the car without risking a hernia and also not being put off trips because of portages. even short boulder sections were a complete nightmare when solo with the old venture prospector.

Quote from: aliferste on January 10, 2015, 06:35:04 PM
What kind of telescope is that?
it's a meade etx 80; sorta reasonable quality intro scope

you guys are sharp... it's a good thing you can't read the book titles!  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

Quote from: guest on January 11, 2015, 09:46:01 AM
Book titles? I thought these were the canoe assembly manuals?
keep thinking along those lines Andy and the rare & collectible fishing books will be safe from would-be borrowers.... :lol: incidentally, paul boote & Jeremy wade helped pay for my first canoe  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

finally managed to get out today. I put the photos on the song of the paddle site, so anyone can view them without logging in. it's incredibly light, which means it's quite twitchy. but turns on a six-pence  :8)
http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?47840-first-paddle-with-new-ally&p=566909#post566909

seat is surprisingly comfy and trimming the boat is actually far easier than with the old, heavier one. now I need to clock up the river miles and see how it (I  :roll:) handles the rapids. quite fun, almost like re-learning how to handle a boat. have to be much more precise with the paddle strokes, which is no bad thing as i'd got a bit lazy with the old boat.

Go To Front Page