News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Great to see some other fish eaters and open minds here!

Started by Albert Wright, October 13, 2010, 11:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Wright

Some great recipes on here. For me part of fishing is eating at least some of my catch. Great to see suck open minds lads!  I have a few Salmon and trout both fresh and smoked stored for the winter. I'll try some of recipies. Thanks

Wildfisher

Must admit I find trout, salmon etc pretty damned awful to eat actually. I fish pretty much 100% c+r but many members here do take fish for eating and at the end of the day what business is it of anyone else? As long as no rules are broken it's up to the individual to decide what to do with their fish and reasonable to expect the Fishing Stasi to lay off and mind their own business. I recently read a quite disgraceful verbal attack where an angler was hounded off a forum for killing and eating a big trout.  :roll: Some anglers really should get a life.

bushy palmer

I don't kill trout for the simple reason I hate the taste but am forever in envy of those that do (I like the idea of a free meal!!)  otherwise  I'd be right in there.

Wildfisher

I once took charr from Loch Lee and ate them. Only difference I noticed was they had a finer texture. they still had no taste.

muddler9

I don't do it now, with seatrout rapidly becoming an endangered species, but I used to love eating finnock, fried up with a rasher of bacon, the food of the gods !!
20 years ago these little fish were plentiful along the West coast and taking a brace for the pan was never condidered a sin. How things have changed.
Grayling are very tasy, too.   :crap

Albert Wright

I can see the point in the finnock mddler but the fuss that some kick up over the odd fish eaten from the Don is unreal. Anglers have been killing and eating torut there since the dawn of time and the water is  still stiff with them. What possible harm is there in eating some of the catch if you like fish.

Fishtales

Nothing, as long as it is done in moderation. The thing is though how do you know what other people have taken before you? I do take fish on the odd occasion but nothing under nine inches and I have never taken a Grayling.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Spot on Sandy and indeed you have no idea of who took what before you. However, most lochs are stuffed with smallish trout and will never be in any danger from legally fishing anglers. On  the Don most trout anglers I meet and speak to fish c+r and I know it's stuffed with fish, so taking a few can't do any harm at all, even a  few big ones (although I would not myself) and certainly  would be  no justification for some of the disgraceful comments seen recently elsewhere.

Albert Wright

Exactly there are too many interfering idiots and busybodies  stick there noses into the business of law abiding anglers

bushy palmer

Nevermind, the tories will no doubt bring back foxhunting which should take the heat off the anglers for a bit!  :)

Go To Front Page