News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

breakfast brown

Started by Fierybroon, May 01, 2011, 09:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fierybroon

There is nothing I like better when I get out the tent than to catch a smallish trout then fry it in seasoned butter with some streaky bacon, mushrooms and a couple of eggs. The perfect start to a days stravaiging for me :stir

Wildfisher

I have never eaten a trout fresh from the loch. This year I must remedy that. Some say that is when they are at their very best.

Fierybroon

Quote from: admin on May 02, 2011, 08:38:32 AM
I have never eaten a trout fresh from the loch. This year I must remedy that. Some say that is when they are at their very best.

nothing finer Fred, especially first thing with sun up :mus26;

Fierybroon

Quote from: Alan on May 02, 2011, 11:39:44 PM
by remarkable timing and inspired by Keith Floyd, you should be treated to full cinema quality footage of this very thing just shortly.
look forward to watching that one :BewareSpam

superscot

we did half a dozen last week on Loch frisa on Mull open fire as well and all pink flesh ...nice eating

flyboy

In all my days  fishing for wild brown trout I just cant bring myself to kill any. I hope this is the year for me to taste these fish. I had no problem killing and eating mackerel when I was a part time sea angler, but for me killing the broonies is a toughy. Maybe I shouldd grow a pair and be a man about it!!!!!!! :gay4

Fishtales

I only kill them when I really have to, under orders from SWMBO to get one for the Bar-B-Q or the odd one to supplement the rations when away for a week, but it doesn't bother me one way or another. Nobody has to if they don't want to. Taking them to eat is a lot different to putting them in a carrier bag and dumping them in the nearest bin, if they don't want them they shouldn't kill them.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Fierybroon

my own personal thought.....anyone who hooks ,plays and lands a trout should at least eat one in their lifetime. That said it is a very personal decision and either way eat or put it back no one has the right to decide for someone else. Echoing Fishtales, I don't mind either way and will take and eat as I feel like it. Everyone is right in their own decision :soapbox

flyboy

I agree entirely that killiing a fish for the table or bbq is absolutley fine. I am certain that all wild fishing scotland members are responsible anglers.
I am in no way condemning the killing and eating of fish, in fact it was the movie on this thread that got me thinking that when I do eat one, I will do it in the same manner using a fire and some damp heather to smoke it.

Go To Front Page