News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Will have a wee look about for a bottle always up for trying something new

[attachimg=1]

superscot

little taste of this pair tonight

[attachimg=1]

arawa

Not something I would have bought myself but a present. Was not that impressed when tried neat but with ice very decent indeed. Rich, long and full of flavour.

[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

Not a whisky but there are loads of instant gins  new to the market place. Amongst them is one called Stirling Gin, distilled close to me. Made with basil, lemon, orange peel, juniper, angelica root and stinging nettles (which are said to bring a peppery edge). Plus point? It comes at 55% proof which they claim to be "battle strength" !  :8)
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

superscot

Bought this while having a chill out week with the Goodlady along with a few glasses, not opened as such so canny really give you a Review.

[attachimg=1]

And also so it turns out to be the big 60th birthday party this weekend,jeso gettin auld was also given a membership of the Scottish Malt Whisky Society based in Edinburgh and was bought this pair which i have to say are a fab dram. If your near to Edinburgh can recommend for a great night out with drams of all ages and prices and the food is top notch.   

[attach2]

arawa

The Glendronach looks very interesting. I am a great fan of their "Parliament" version.

superscot

The Glendronach looks very interesting. I am a great fan of their "Parliament" version.

I have a couple of bottles 

arawa

Enjoyed drinking some of my son's whisky last weekend. This was very good but I think I prefer their Parliament version. Not that I would refuse another glass :)

[attachimg=1]

burnie

Having recently having a birthday that warranted the gifting of lots of whisky, I though I'd pass on my comments.
English Whisky(from my son who lives near the distillery in Norfolk) is acceptable now it's getting some age to it, still too young for my taste, this bottle was a limited number run with a label with poppies on raising a bit of cash for the British Legion, I might have kept it but the box was damaged and I was thirsty.........................better with a splash of water in it.
Caol Ila went next(this was a couple of miniatures) and were most acceptable, but then I like Islay malts even the low peated ones like this one.
Bunnahabain  went next a peated one with no age statement and extremely pleasant, this was one of the first Islay malts I tried back in the early 1980's when I lived doon sooth, fast becoming one of my favourites.
I am now part way down a bottle of Cardhu, a whisky I haven't drunk since the 1970's, this one's called "Gold Reserve" and it really is quite nasty, no age statement, but I don't need to be told that the majority of it is less than 5 years old. Not to my taste, but not as bad as the Macallan Gold I had last year, that was awful stuff.
I have a bottle of Chivas Regal blend, which might come in handy for cooking or decorating and my brother got me a bottle of Laphroaig Lore, which I shall save till last. I was offered a bottle of this when it first came out as I am a "friend" of the distillery, rather expensive, even though most of the whisky is over 15 years old.

Robbie

Well worth tucking those bottle of Bruichladdich away for a rainy day Tony. You are right whiskey does not age in the bottle, unlike wine.

Go To Front Page