News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

I had a bottle a few years back. I thought it was a cracking drink but I'm a Aberlour fan

superscot

arawa

If you are quick, this seems an Amazon bargain.

[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

Quite a few with a fair price reduction. I went for Highland Park Viking Tribe for a touch of smoke in the mix.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Bobfly

It seems that Amazon have actually agreed various joint products with some distilleries. A part of some marketting perhaps if Trump's tarrifs are knocking back USA sales. ?

arawa

I imagine airport duty free sales must be close to zero hence the supermarket and online bargains.

Bobfly

Export sales to the USA seem to have gone down 30% or so due to the tariff increase, aside from the collapse in air travel, and who knows how many balls will be thrown in the air with Brexit come the end of December.

Noddy

Recently noticed that on the Tesco has Club Prices on some whiskies.  Jura Journey Malt Whisky for £22, rather than £35.  Unfortunately only appears to be available on deliveries, not available on click and collect.  Guess what you can't get a delivery slot.  I've been using click and collect for months and am struggling to get a slot.

Jim

Laxdale

Quote from: Bobfly on October 15, 2020, 09:40:30 PM
Quite a few with a fair price reduction. I went for Highland Park Viking Tribe for a touch of smoke in the mix.

Highland Park used to be our favourite drinking dram at the fishing, but it changes that often it has been "dropped"
This years tipples were an assortment of Aberlour, Balvenie and Glenfarclas drams.
The Farclas 17 won the competition for the quickest bottle to empty each day.

burnie

Sainsbugs dropped off our delivery today with a 10 year old Ardbeg with £10 off, which makes it taste a lot better.

Go To Front Page