News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Golden plover wings

Started by Mark, March 01, 2015, 11:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Spent the weekend tying spiders for the start of the season, one thing I am missing tho is plover feathers.
Does anyone have any golden plover wings they no longer want or need, or even some feathers they would be willing to post me.
I would of course cross your palm with silver...Tho paypal may be easier  :)

If all else fails I could colour some snipe or starling feathers to suit, but it's always nicer to have the real thing

Highlander

" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Mark

Tried there. Nothing this year, seem to be very hard to get hold of now.

Rabmax

Quote from: markirv on March 01, 2015, 11:50:39 PM

If all else fails I could colour some snipe or starling feathers to suit, but it's always nicer to have the real thing
Yes it's always nice to have the real thing.I feel the Trout often care less than we do about having the real hackle though.I often use a Grizzly hen on my hares ear & plover type flies these day's.I still own snipe,moor hen,starling & plover but tend to keep them for a rainy day & use hen hackle instead.I would imagine a Grizzly hen dyed light yellow would look quite similar to plover.It was Cookshill i bought my Golden plover skin from quite a few years back.I wouldn't get overly worried about not having any Golden Plover.Cheers

Go To Front Page