News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Tips For Fly Fishing In A Snow Storm

Started by Wildfisher, April 25, 2017, 09:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

sagecirca

east wind

Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

alba

Put the feet up and pour a giant single malt.

Bobfly

Perhaps No 5 was to do with brown snow  :shock: :shock: :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

arawa

Sorry to spoil the theme of this thread but I actually have fond memories of fishing Lower Duart at Scourie in a dense snow storm (could not see across the small loch). It was flat calm and the snow was coming down in huge flakes. I had caught nothing on traditional wets but then I saw fish rising to what I thought were snowflakes landing on the water. Switching to a dry (cannot remember what) I had a decent session including a finnock.
I do not have such fond memories of fishing in a snowstorm at Stalkers the previous day where the few moving fish stopped rising as the snow came on and we knew we had a 5-mile hike back to the car before us  :shock:

Wildfisher

We will get the definitive list from Dave. It snows every year he is at Scourie!   I think he may be there right now n fact!   :lol:

Robbie

Couple of years ago, fishing the upper Don on the first of May I remember olives hatching between snow showers. The snow did not seen to put the fish off rising either. Conditions were not really a snow storm but it was still snowing a bit.

Over the last couple of days I would say the combination of low air temperature and high wind speed is what put me off more.

Go To Front Page