News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Beaver

Started by hopper, November 01, 2012, 11:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Just been watching autumn watch tonight better than emmerdale and to see them go down part of the Tay system and see the destruction that the beavers have left is bound to be worrying to land owners, one burn completely damned, trees felled and they reckoned that there could be up to 150 in the Tay system alone just watch in 20 years time they will be out of control like the mink and we will be trapping them and wearing their skins as hats

burnie

Suposed to be tasty too them there beavers. :crap

Bobfly

Back in late September I put a posting in the General Fishing section with a number of photos taken in the Tay catchment. Quite a lot of blocked up streams and felled trees and a number of comments from the forum. Very interesting to see what will evolve about the control (or not) of these escaped beavers which have migrated out from Bamff estate.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Allan Crawford

I also watched autumn watch this week along with some catching up with the forum, read the posts about beavers. I had thought it was a trial introduction, now it seems there out there and doing a lot of damage, not sure this one has been thought through, while I agree in principle in re-introductions as some one posted else in another thread, Scotland 2012 is a different place.

hopper

The last time the beaver swam in  the wild in Scotland there was natural predators to keep the numbers in check wolf, bear and man hunting, now there is none of them and as sure as it will rain this week in someone picks up a gun and starts to shoot and control numbers the antis will be out in force and all hell will kick off. Problems always start when man starts to play god and sits back to see what will happen.

Go To Front Page