News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Casts that Catch Fish

Started by haresear, August 13, 2010, 09:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

The river men among us might enjoy this very quick and very slick selection of presentation casts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOdvCH1vA80

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Malcolm

Nice depiction of the tuck cast there and an interesting leader set up - quite a short "tippet".
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

My speakers are out of action so I couldn't hear if there was a commentary, but I was very taken with that cast, quite near the end, where there was a lot of loose line lying about. I feel somehow that I'm well on the way to mastering that one !  :)

Teither

bushy palmer

I reckon the only one I can do half as good (if not better) than that guy is the one where he hooks the camera man :roll:

Tweed

Easy.

(Aye, that will be right!)

Lovely stuff though.

Harpo

Nice video, looks effortless.

I do use the reach & snake casts after Haresear kindly showed me them last year :8)
But I have also invented many others, the ear, head, bush, tree, rod tip casts etc etc :shock:

Malcolm

Alan, that's the tuck cast I was talking about. Although it's shown with a dry fly for clarity, it is a cast for nymphs mainly. The nymph has sunk and is moving downstream by the time the line hits the water. Alex showed me his version of that cast last Autumn and it's useful at times.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

I tried that tuck thingy  this evening on the grass. I think I need a heavier bit of fluff.  :lol:

Teither

Quote from: admin on August 14, 2010, 10:02:43 PM
I tried that tuck thingy  this evening on the grass. I think I need a heavier bit of fluff.  :lol:

Admin,
              You can have mine. She refuses to diet on the grounds that it's demeaning and tells me I should love her as she is. I don't !
Teither

Go To Front Page