News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Rivers And Lochs / Re: Aviemore
Last post by Laxdale - September 13, 2024, 02:39:24 PM
Loch Ruthven for sure. Get a boat through Grahams in Inverness
Last post by arawa - September 12, 2024, 07:28:12 PM
Quote from: Wildfisher on September 12, 2024, 04:29:14 PMLochindorb is not far from Aviemore and was a great loch however eco-vandals stocked it with pike so I can't vouch for the fishing now.
2 years since I have been there but it still held trout then and is well worth going just for the scenery and wildlife.
Last post by Wildfisher - September 12, 2024, 04:29:14 PM
Lochindorb is not far from Aviemore and was a great loch however eco-vandals stocked it with pike so I can't vouch for the fishing now.
Last post by Bobfly - September 12, 2024, 12:38:49 AM
Loch Ruthven down the B851 off the A9 short of Daviot is worthwhile.
Also Spey Dam west from Laggan.
Last post by Wildfisher - September 11, 2024, 07:47:19 PM
Most of the lochs around there are full of pike  think.
Rivers And Lochs / Aviemore
Last post by Scozzie - September 11, 2024, 05:00:51 PM
Hey going up to Aviemore for 4 days intend to try loch Erich and rothimurchas while I'm there any other places to try within driving distance
Environmental / The polluting of Lough Neagh
Last post by Wildfisher - August 29, 2024, 04:29:59 PM
A real eye opener.

Trout Fishing / Re: North uist
Last post by johnesmithson - August 21, 2024, 01:42:42 PM
Scozzie, if you are still there, have a go on the seapools. You've got the spring tides for the next day or two, and the sea trout don't mind a hoolie. Wade, get the wind behind you, scrape an orange muddler over their heads where the streams of peaty fresh and clear sea water meet, and be ready for action! Some big fish in there, and they often hold in the sea until quite late in the season. Kyles, Horisary and Ardheisker maybe best in this wind, Vallay and Geirran Mill also worth a go but watch out for sinking sands on the latter which can also get muddied up in a gale. John Docherty at Lochmaddy Hotel will put you right. He might even get his son to take you out.
Open Board / Re: 70 years
Last post by Wildfisher - August 20, 2024, 03:38:14 PM
A great personal history Richard thanks for posting it. :) 
Open Board / 70 years
Last post by burnie - August 20, 2024, 02:33:29 PM
It has occurred to me that I have now been fishing for over 70 years, beginning as a coarse fisher in the middle of England fishing canals and rivers for Roach, Tench, Perch and Bream. Later I began to become what was known at the time as a specimen hunter, fishing for large fish, trying to catch particular specimens. 20lb Carp and Pike, 10lb Barbel and failing to get a 2lb Roach, though I am still hoping I might find one in the Tay or it's tributaries. I began fly fishing for trout in Ireland around Belturbet in the 1970's, then on the reservoirs of the Midlands, mostly Rainbows, but some waters like the Eyebrook reservoir were full of Brownies, not many wild fish, all stockies. When after Barbel on the chalk stream of Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset, I did quite a lot of dry fly fishing for Trout and Grayling, which I continued doing when I moved with work to Derbyshire, fishing rivers like the Dove, Derwent and even fly fished the Trent.
Moving to Scotland has seen me split my fishing these days between sea fishing, Trout and Silver Tourists, bad health has slowed me down these past few years, though the cancer seems to be at bay and I have managed three trips out this year, once sea fishing and twice after trout, hoping to emulate my Grandfather, who I took Roach fishing just after his 90th birthday, so plenty more fishing to get done yet.
Go To Front Page