News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

haresear

Protect the edge.

Lochan_load

I've found out it's a cascade! This is the one on the previous page plus a black and silver version, both with chartreuse cock wound through the hackle, cheers for looking

bibio1

They are lovely. Two things. Double the hackles at the front and use less hair in both the wing and tail.

You certainly have a talent for tying a flee

Lochan_load

Alright cheers, I'll try another couple. Watch this space! And thanks for the kind words

Lochan_load

Bit hungover this morning after a curry and (too much) beer last night so tied up this little fella to focus the mind on something else, orange dabbler

Lochan_load

Right basically having a wee experiment here, tied the last one normaly by just spinning the mallard round the hook shank but remember from somewhere that you can tie the mallard forward first and then sweep it back like a hackle, thoughts this might save the hassle of trimming and tidying the head, which it did, but was equally fiddly in other ways. Gives a different effect, a sort of leggy goats toe type hackle, can't say I'm that keen, waste of time really. And at about a quid a fly for the mallard I don't think dabblers are all that but some people swear by them.

rannoch raider

Nice. I find that tying the hackle fibres along the shank to sit forward over the eye works very well with the blue Jay feathers in some bumbles. It makes for a very uniform length, good distribution around the shank and a small neat head. I have used it for peacock, grouse and lots of other feathers. It gives good results with partridge too.

SoldierPmr

Tieing up some bloody butchers I got an idea for a butcher zonker and tied it unfortunately after googling it's already been done  :lol:
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Can't see that going wrong, butchers colours are classic.
This is another cascade type fly but on a size 12, either to be used as a point fly for the muddler  I posted up last week or for sea trout in dusky rivers!!

Go To Front Page