News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Minister's Visit 25 Nov. 2011

Started by machar, November 26, 2011, 12:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machar

Mr. Stewart Stevenson MSP, Scottish Minister for the Environment visited the Don Trust offices on Friday (25th.) to learn of the progress being made on its fishery management plan (FMP) and the contribution of the RAFTS management structure. The Minister took the opportunity to announce continuing funding for the river trusts network and visited Cluny School to make a presentation for winning this year's salmon in the classroom project. Read the details and see some photos here

http://www.riverdon.org.uk/FileLibrary/PDF%20Reports/The%20River%20Don%20Trust%20was%20delighted%20to%20host%20a%20meeting%20today.pdf

Can I also take this opportunity to thank  the wild Fishng forum for it's support  during 2011,much apprecated

Wildfisher

Quote from: machar on November 26, 2011, 12:12:36 PM
Can I also take this opportunity to thank  the wild Fishng forum for it's support  during 2011,much apprecated

It's a pleasure to support The Trust Iain.

We try to do what we can in real and measurable ways; fund-raising by forum auctions as well as just publicity.  I also try to provide additional personal support through my fly line sales from time to time.

It's the least we can do to support the great work people like yourself and Dave undertake on behalf of the river, giving your time freely as you do.  I'm always immensely impressed by people  who actually do things as opposed to just bullshitting about them. There's far too much of that goes on in these parts.   :D

machar

Thanks Fred for your kind words, as I said  and your personal support that of the Forum is much appreciated by the Don Trust. We are about to complete the habitat survey of the whole river in the next few weeks so next year we are beginning the eradication of giant hogweed etc with the 27 volunteers we have recruited and trained while also improving access to impassible stretches of the river for all species among many other things. If you want to be updated regularly on the work of the Trust just email me at iain@riverdon.org.uk and I will add your details to our circulation list. The donsidepiper picked up the story of the ministers visit the details are here

http://www.donsidepiper.co.uk/community/salmon_are_in_the_classroom_at_cluny_1_1988897

cheers

Iain

Go To Front Page