News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Car rod holders

Started by aliangle, April 29, 2009, 04:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliangle

Just ordered a magnetic car rod holder from www.selectafly.com, reduced from ?10.95 to ?4.99. Hopefully this will stop my rod falling over in a highland gale (so long as I remember not to drive away with the rod attached! Done that before.)  :?

Ian_M

Quote from: The Whaup on April 29, 2009, 05:02:35 PM
I thought the whole point of them was you could drive around with them?

Think "rod rest" rather than "holder".
Ian

.D.

I just rest the rod on the ground while I'm tackling up.

Is it for nuisance dog owners? :stir

.D.

roagfisher

Got one years ago in a good wind with the weight of the rod the the thing slid along the side of the car, best place is the car mirrors

Pearly Invicta

I have the wheatley rod HOLDERS on the car for much of the season. When tackling up, I just fasten the reel end into the holder on the bonnet while I tie on the cast and the flees.

I had a girlfriend shut a rod in the car door once. She's no my girlfriend anymore.  :roll:

Ian_M

Quote from: Pearly Invicta on April 30, 2009, 06:41:20 PM
I had a girlfriend shut a rod in the car door once. She's no my girlfriend anymore.  :roll:

Did you marry her then?   :crap
Ian

Lochan

Just make sure there is no grit on the magnets when you put them on the car, they can make large scratches in the body work!! You could also have issues making the magnets stick when the car is wet too... Sound like a good deal.

aliangle

Quote from: roagfisher on April 29, 2009, 08:51:33 PM
Got one years ago in a good wind with the weight of the rod the the thing slid along the side of the car, best place is the car mirrors

Rest arrived today, and seems the business. If the wind blows it off, it'll be strong enough to blow me back home!!

Go To Front Page