News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Danica Tradition 4/6 Fly Reel?

Started by Amadan, April 29, 2010, 02:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amadan

These are very cheap and made of graphite. I am thinking of getting one. Anyone any comments?

Much appreciated.

scotty9

Quote from: Amadan on April 29, 2010, 02:09:09 PM
These are very cheap and made of graphite. I am thinking of getting one. Anyone any comments?

Much appreciated.

How cheap?

I've got a loop CLWC (the clear one) it's a plastic reel and can get them around ?50 just now for the 2-6 model. It's bombproof, you could drop it as many times as you like and it will be fine - actually the reason I bought it, I don't want a reel that i'm scared to scratch  :D Great drag on it too. I know nothing about the danica so can't comment I'm afraid.

Amadan

scotty:
Quotehow cheap

?34.99 from Fishtec with a spare spool. 3 more spools for ?24.99.

breac:
QuoteI have 2 of them

You mean two of the danica ones or two of the loop ones? - sorry.

Thanks- breac- after searching the forums and meeting someone who had one, I got one of the fladen rods (8' 4wt) -it suits me fine.

scotty9

Quote from: Amadan on April 29, 2010, 07:40:15 PM
scotty:
?34.99 from Fishtec with a spare spool. 3 more spools for ?24.99.

breac:
You mean two of the danica ones or two of the loop ones? - sorry.

Thanks- breac- after searching the forums and meeting someone who had one, I got one of the fladen rods (8' 4wt) -it suits me fine.

Go for it then  :D Seems pretty cheap!

alba

used danica reels for years, use the comp 69 as my loch reel, no drag but bomb proof reel and cheap as chips, just personal preferance but ive never used drags on fly reel, infact i hate them, go for it

Malcolm

One of the best of the composite reels is the Okuma Airframe/Scierra Avalanche (they're the same reel). I got one for a friend who was starting out and was so impressed I bought one myself. Garry Evans has them for under ?30 including a spare spool.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Amadan

Thanks all.

Malcolm- I've been looking at the Okuma one as well. However, most of the fishing I do is small river/stream on a 4 weight. The Okuma is 6oz and the Danica 3.8oz. I'm tempted to go for the lighter one.

Martin.

Burnfoot Loch

Quote from: Amadan on May 02, 2010, 01:48:53 PM
Thanks all.

Malcolm- I've been looking at the Okuma one as well. However, most of the fishing I do is small river/stream on a 4 weight. The Okuma is 6oz and the Danica 3.8oz. I'm tempted to go for the lighter one.

Martin.

Go for the Danica , I have owned one for 5 years now and its still going strong .

Wildfisher

Also worth looking at the new Snowbee "Classic". Composite construction, wide arbour, disk drag that actually works progressively. Comes in 2 sizes #4  - #6 weight 150g or #7 - #9 weight 176g. Both retail at a massive  ?29.99.

I bought the big one and loaded it with a WF9  for my son Gordon who wants to try sea and pike fly fishing and also  the smaller one just to see what it was like. I really needed another reel............ :roll:

They look pretty good for the money I'd say.

Go To Front Page