News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Shakespeare Fly Lines

Started by Wildfisher, July 29, 2005, 10:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I have been very impressed with the fly lines  made by Shakespeare. Inexpensive and very good quality. Anyone tried their  ?Worcestershire?  lines. Allan tells me they are extremely good and at ?18 from Harris I am certainly considering a new WF #5 floater.

Wildfisher

I ordered one from Harris Sportsmail today. WF #5, ivory floater. Less than 18 quid + ?1.50 p+p (same line costs ?25 in Aberdeen) can?t be bad.

lnelson20

An old mate fished these lines Fred,swore they were excellent value :D used to have a coupole of glider lines,and they performed well at the price :D
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

I have used the ?glider? and the even cheaper ?professional?  and was well impressed at the price / quality relationship. The ?Worcestershire? is I believe their top of the range line at 25 quid, although you can get it for a lot less if you shop around. They claim zero memory  and a super slick finish coating. We shall see?.. I really do not want to pay much more for a line and would rather replace it every season or two than  shell out 40 quid or more for something that will only last a season longer ? if at all.

lnelson20

Consider the fly line to be one of the most important pieces of my kit Fred,fish the grey's platinum floater and intermediate and find them excellent,i consider the gear to have come a long way over the year's,good quality at a good price if you shop around :D
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

stephen_oconnor

i've actually been wondering about these fly lines as the fly line i got was used already and was going to but a new one as the one i have is not too long, and i need a longer one, because my casting keeps going to my backing which i prefer not to use as my knot is not the best and does'nt fit through the ring:P

the line i was going to get is a floater shakespeare professional, and by the comments on here i may well get it as soon as

Wildfisher

Stephen,

You can buy a  shakespeare professional from Harris Sportsmail on line for less than 9 quid

http://www.harris-sportsmail.com/

stephen_oconnor

my local tackle shop is doing it for 7 pounds anyway

Wildfisher

Quote from: stephen_oconnormy local tackle shop is doing it for 7 pounds anyway

In that case get one while you can. That is a steal!

lnelson20

Stephen,doe Brian Peterson still have his shop in greenock
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Go To Front Page