News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Insect Repellents

Started by superscot, August 26, 2005, 01:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Was just wondering what type most use! I have my standard as I call it ?. Outfit as follows and works for me

Good smear of the tried and tested Jungle Formula prior to leaving the mode of transport /neck /arms/ face and mind the ears ?..Funny how they always tend to go for them??

Gortex jacket with the standard Velcro adjusters tight on the wrists and of course the standard hat with net attached. For the times yi need to catch yer wind!

Good walking boots ?Scarpa ?along with good knee length gaiters ?..Prior to wearing chest waders??. Been down the ?tick? road before ??.and please no comments on that skin so soft?.tried and tested with no joy!!

And wee laugh on full head nets ?..Couple of years back on a wee trip to Alaska couple of my mates bought full body armour as I called it at the time ?.Quote  nay problem wi the wee beasts back hame from now on !!! Aye try the Shin in full flight!!! Problem was none of us thought about the mesh size ??picture the scene ?nightshift on the shin and mesh size FAR too big for the wee beasts ?? let you make your own comments

Wildfisher

I use Autan and Skin so Soft.

Trouble with ?Skin So Soft" is it does not last long and has to be re-applied frequently. I am going to be selling deet free ?Crocodile?  through the site when the e-commerce pages are up and running. So keep a lookout.

Spindrift

Autan is the best stuff I have ever come across - it actually keeps the wee swines from landing on me as well preventing bites. Hopefully it is safer than deet which is not too good for humans or midges.
I work with a guy who is in the Dundonnel MRT and they seem to use skin so soft as their anti midge solution so I guess it must work. I have never tried it myself.

Cheers - Dave.
I won't take up anything else - honest.
Damn - failed again!!!

Wildfisher

Quote from: uncleboo
QuoteI am going to be selling deet free ?Crocodile?
Have you tried this, Fred?

Not yet, but I will do before I put it on the site. Apparently the Forestry commission use it and others have told me it works without giving you skin cancer  :lol:

Richy

Dont knock skin so soft as this stuff works for me anyway.

The bloody midgies lift lumps oot of me but after using the above they are still around but don't seem to bite so my dosh goes on this product.

All the others make you smell like sh#te !!  and rot your clothes  :shock:  :shock:

All the best

Richy the Avon Man.... :oops:  :oops:

Wildfisher

I agree it works Richy, it?s just that it needs to be put on far more often than say ? Autan. It smells better though.

rabbitangler

Why not use SHOO. I got some in Lochinver this year after spending 13 happy, midge free summers (east coast of course!) without it. :D  :D

They dinnae sell it here in other words!!  :x  :roll:  :?:  :roll:

It is the dogs howsyourfathers, made in scotland, apparently environmental as hell etc.

Yecannaewhackit!!

Peter

Wildfisher

Quote from: rabbitanglerWhy not use SHOO. made in scotland

Yes, if you whack the b@stards with a girder that certainly makes them shoo????   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

superscot

Richy
whats the Commission for an Avon Lady at the moment !!!!!!!!lol

stephen_oconnor

where did u get that photo?

Go To Front Page