News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New Rod for a Female

Started by superscot, January 10, 2011, 11:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Lads open to suggestions on this wan? New rod required for a female who has never cast a line in her Nelly puff. Apart from holding one of my rods and drawing the line back in! :D :D Aye will wait on the sexual connotations on that one ! :lol: :lol:  Can take the slaggin ! What really happened was away for the weekend and she wanted to tag along to a pig pellet farm since it was out of season. So instead of reading in the car as she normally would do! Decided to annoy me ...so cast for her and said just retrieve in slowly and if you feel anything just lift the rod and hold the line! Aye bloody ten pund rainbow landed and never let me forget it ...so she now sees me here and the days counting down...Fred to blame for that. You said you would get me a new rod!!!! So here i am ...max ?70-?100  any suggestions!   And must be 7 weight as i am not buying her bloody reels as well 

Malcolm

I'll be controversial here. Buy a 9ft 5/6 and overline it with a 7. As far as brand goes then Sonik SK3 series is my favourite "economy" brand but you may have your favourite.

I think beginners benefit by having the correct feel and if they are only casting short distances then the heavier line helps. Once she is casting beyond about 40-50 ft then she can consider stepping down a line size.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

River Chatter

I reckon very good advice Malcolm.

superscot

cheers lads will check oot ebay now

superscot

Go To Front Page