News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Streamworks Magnetic Fly Chest Box / Patch

Started by Wildfisher, April 17, 2011, 06:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I hate those sheep wool fly patches. They are useless  for barbless hooks anyway, the flies just fall out and are lost. Alex and John bought plastic fly drier tubes  / boxes  in Canada. They hang from your vest. You squeeze them to open the top, drop the fly in and they are safe. The tube is perforated so the flies dry and don't rust. I have been looking  for something similar for ages, with no luck.

I did find this though and in some ways it's ever better. It's small, hangs from your vest, you open it with one hand, the back plate is magnetic and holds the flies securely.  Snap it shut, it's ventilated so the flies dry and don't rust. It's main advantage is, like a fly patch,  it's visual and you simply  open it and remove the fly for reuse if you need it. They are held separately on the magnetic plate. I have in fact started using it both as a box and a drier - easy and quick  access to the flies I'm likely to be using on any day.

I've been using this for a few weeks and wanted to give it a good test before I mentioned it. It's a winner. I have seen it on sale for a nonsensical 11 or 12 quid, I got mine on Ebay for just over a fiver so watch where you buy it if you fancy one.

It's called "Streamworks Magnetic Fly Chest Box / Patch"

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Go To Front Page