News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Sage One

Started by Highlander, July 17, 2011, 12:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

I ask the question.  How far can we go with "improvements" Every new launch is "the ultimate" How many ultimates do we need?. Sage by all accounts are at the top of the game & no doubt the tackle tarts will be queuing up for this one but I shudder to see the price when it does come out, what is it September.
http://info.sportfish.co.uk/u/gm.php?prm=qMO7fSOlmL_121479156_49115_38781
Quotemore fluid transmission of energy from the arm to the fly
A lot of corporate pish that means nothing to me.
Me, I have had enough I'm just going fishing using what tools I have & striving to master them rather than lose any sleep because I do not have the latest wand.
And what the feck is
Sage Konnetic Technology......... Konnetic is not even in my spell checker
Do I really want to know?  Do I really need to know?
Inquiring minds.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

scotfly

C'mon Highlander ditch the Hazel and join the 21st century.  :lol:

Inchlaggan

According to my dictionary-

"konnectic" a portmanteau word conflated from "konn" (Norse) to deceive, (see  "con") plus "ec" (Aramaic) out of, and "tic" (Old English) money (usually hire purchase- as in "bought on tick").
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Highlander

Quote"konnectic" a portmanteau word conflated from "konn" (Norse) to deceive, (see  "con") plus "ec" (Aramaic) out of, and "tic" (Old English) money (usually hire purchase- as in "bought on tick").

That definition makes it all clear, I will be able to sleep tonight withouh thinking about it.
:roll:
Hazel indeed Scotfly, and here is me thinking that my Greenheart rods were "state of the art"
:)
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

scotty9

How many areas of retail never bring out new products that are only slightly better (if at all) than their predecessors? Fishing tackle isn't unique.

jimmul

Duh! none available  :roll:

Malcolm

I like trying rods out, new and old. However I don't think there has been any improvements over the past 20 years or so. Pick up a Sage RPL for example and put it through your chosen selection of casts then try the same with a 2011 rod. The new ones feel fractionally lighter and I think they're more fragile.   
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Brian Mcg

Quote from: Malcolm on July 17, 2011, 08:53:47 PM
I like trying rods out, new and old. However I don't think there has been any improvements over the past 20 years or so. Pick up a Sage RPL for example and put it through your chosen selection of casts then try the same with a 2011 rod. The new ones feel fractionally lighter and I think they're more fragile.   

Hi Malcolm I had a shot of a RPL+ 8# the other Day and it felt that stiff the top of my arm bent. I never use 8# much and believe me that rod or the Vision gt4 sw 8# that i own and sometimes use don't make me want to.
I am beginning to see things a bit like the op but a hobby of mine is trying peoples rods and the more I try the more it makes me think that the WOW rod ain.t here yet. Nearly Here but not quite :?
I am hoping to have the Sage one some time soon. :D

Brian

Malcolm

Most 8 weights are very powerful though and if the truth be told they are not the most pleasant rods to use - they have a function and do it well but not what most people would choose if they could use something else.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

scotfly

Quote from: Malcolm on July 17, 2011, 08:53:47 PM
Pick up a Sage RPL for example and put it through your chosen selection of casts then try the same with a 2011 rod. The new ones feel fractionally lighter and I think they're more fragile.   

I have a RPL and I've yet to cast a better Sage. I'll never part with it.

Go To Front Page