News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A real Ebay Bargain.

Started by Malcolm, February 15, 2012, 02:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Just had a David Norwich 12ft 7/8 rod delivered that I won on Ebay. An older model but has barely been out of it's bag. Totally clean handle and unmarked. I couldn't believe how light it is - I reckon I'll use it like a switch rod and couldn't resist taking in out for a swift cast down the local pike loch. Gorgeous and all for £120 including postage. Down side is that Parcelforce managed to put a huge dent in the tube.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Andrew Moray

Aha, that's the one I asked you about today then  :D
Really nice action on that, even a wee lassie could give that a go I reckon, with the right advice of course ...

Tony

bibio1

Aye, a real bargain and by a quality rod maker. I have just ordered a rod from him fir the Clyde so can't wait. Very reasonable too if you talk to him.

Cheers

Paul

Malcolm

Your daughter did very well with it. We've had a few youngsters along and everyone has cast better with a light double hander than with a single hander.

The rod is gorgeous to use as a long single hander and amazingly long casts with an easy flick and a wee double haul. I'm starting to think that longer rods are better distance casters than the 9 or 10 footers we usually use. I'm looking forward to trying it out on water.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

haresear

QuoteThe rod is gorgeous to use as a long single hander and amazingly long casts with an easy flick and a wee double haul.

Aye, maybe for you and Arnold Schwarzenegger :roll: I could feel every sinew of my fine athletic physique straining.

It is a very nice double hander.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Andrew Moray

Quote from: Malcolm on February 19, 2012, 07:53:03 PM
Your daughter did very well with it. We've had a few youngsters along and everyone has cast better with a light double hander than with a single hander.

Managed to stop her invading the pitch on Sunday to "have a word" with the scoundrel that nearly decapitated Duncan Weir.
She's keen to try again, got a suitable rod and line ready to go.

Quote from: haresear on February 19, 2012, 09:44:12 PMIt is a very nice double hander.
:lol:

Go To Front Page