News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Anyone tried carpet instead of felt?

Started by aliferste, March 02, 2012, 05:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliferste

I have two pairs of Orvis boots with the felt soles gone as they have fallen off - instead of trying to hunt down replacement felt I have a room sized amount of carpet in my loft - has anyone used carpet instead of felt and do you think it would do the job?

haresear

I think Bob ( Piscatus Absentis) who is himself now absentis :) glued a portion of car mat or doormat to his wading crocs and is still alive to tell the tale.

Here is a link to the thread... http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=10957.0

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: claretbumble on March 02, 2012, 05:52:01 PM
What happened to Bob?!?  :shock:

He took exception to another member and stormed off in the huff as a result, complete with a diva style post which was instantly removed.

A great pity, but entirely his own decision.  He s free to come back at any time of his choosing of course, or not as the case may be.  :roll:  

Highlander

Quotecarpet instead of felt and do you think it would do the job

I do not see why not, a good idea.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Black-Don

Sounds a good idea but don't forget a bit of old washing line for a wading belt  :lol:

Highlander

Quotea bit of old washing line for a wading belt 
For wading belts I use broad luggage straps, that you find on these little holiday type carousels you find in Asda & the like. Cut down to size they are a lot cheaper than Simms or Orvis types & just as good.
Tight Lines

Nemo me impune lacessit

Black-Don

Quote from: Highlander on March 02, 2012, 07:20:01 PM
For wading belts I use broad luggage straps, that you find on these little holiday type carousels you find in Asda & the like.

I was thinking more along the lines of maintaining that last of the summer wine Compo style image  :lol:

:lol: :lol:

What's a holiday type carousel ?  :?

Highlander

QuoteWhat's a holiday type carousel

The revolving display stands (carousel) that sells holiday accessories such as combi padlock,passport holders,blowup neck pillows & the like that you find at the end of supermarket aisles. The 50mm luggage straps are ideal as wader belts if you can put up with the sometime garish colours though I got black ones a while back.

Tight Lines

Nemo me impune lacessit

Black-Don

Cheers, I understand now. I thought you meant it was the actual carousel that you needed buy.   :roll: DOH !

Go To Front Page