News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scott S4 #5 9 foot

Started by Wildfisher, March 10, 2012, 03:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: east wind on March 11, 2012, 01:23:34 PM
Then I failed the "how to fit a modern fly rod into a ridiculously small diameter tube " test.

That's  odd my rod just faw's intae  the tube. They must have changed it  I guess, although Joe's is the same as mine.  :?

Wildfisher

Quote from: east wind on March 11, 2012, 01:23:34 PM
So an S4 catches grayling and troot of the standard shown here ?

Aye, it will handle that smaller stuff with ease, but remember it also has enough backbone to quickly subdue  bigger ones.  :lol:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

east wind

Quote from: admin on March 11, 2012, 03:44:27 PM
That's  odd my rod just faw's intae  the tube. They must have changed it  I guess, although Joe's is the same as mine.  :?

Would be interesting to know the size of the tube. Just measured mine and the internal diameter is 1 7/8 inches. With the four sections in a heavy cloth bag, care is needed to get the larger rod guides to enter and the last few inches of the rod get really tight.

The Shakespeare tube is 2 1/4 inches and although 3/8 inch may not seem much, it's the difference between a faw in fit and an interference fit.

The Shakey tube also has a side zip rather than the top screw on which gives me more confidence that I won't fcuk up again.

Quote from: admin on March 11, 2012, 04:38:21 PM
Aye, it will handle that smaller stuff with ease, but remember it also has enough backbone to quickly subdue  bigger ones.  :lol:

What do you mean subdue these hogs ? I was under the impression that the S4 actively seeks out and catches them like a trout divining rod.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

Quote from: east wind on March 11, 2012, 08:54:02 PM
Would be interesting to know the size of the tube.

Same, 1 7/8 inches.  That's weird, my rod goes into the tube no problem at all.  :?

haresear

My S4 is just not trying hard enough. All I got today was early season sunburn and the first alfresco nap of the year :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page