News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Few flees for the streams.

Started by alba, March 22, 2012, 11:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alba

My fly tying isnt great its all been kinda self taught and watching videos etc but they catch me fish on the rivers time and time again..

Brown wire nymph

Olive wire nymph

Olive turkey biot klink

DHE

Be nice....lol

Derek

kemp355

Nice work Des was at the vice tonight myself some tempting morsels for Mondays trip cant wait

alba

Quote from: col on March 22, 2012, 11:26:53 PM
i could see those straggle fritz nymphs being really useful, on peaty or colured waters, nice flies.

Colin they done the trick all season for me last year with the troutstream constantly carrying and odd colour

Black-Don

The use of the straggle fritz on that type of nymph is a new one on me but it seems like a pretty good idea and if they work as well as you say they do then that's theory getting put into practice !

alba

Quote from: guest on March 22, 2012, 11:40:48 PM
The use of the straggle fritz on that type of nymph is a new one on me but it seems like a pretty good idea and if they work as well as you say they do then that's theory getting put into practice !

90% percent of my fish were caught on a they nymphs last year, its ultra fine straggle string I use in olive, its got that wirey leggy look plus a wee bit sparkle to attract them

davefromtheattic

I like the nymph too. My river is a constant green colour, so they might attract some attention.

Robbie

Nice looking flies,the fish are the only critics that really count!

Go To Front Page