News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Line to leader connectors: another new twist?

Started by Amadan, May 29, 2012, 02:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amadan

First post of the season I'm afraid (bloody part timer that I am)- however have now gotten the bug...

Have looked at a number of the comments about line to leader connections and thought I would post these up as can't see suggested and new to me:

First up: a barbed pin with an eyelet on the end: as far as I can see someone has had the idea of straightening out a barbed hook and then flogging it as a connector:

http://www.troutcatchers.co.uk/acatalog/No-Knot-Eyelets-1591.html

I think problem may be you get a break from "hinging" at the point where the shaft of the pin ends.

Second up: a plastic fandangle of a thing:

http://www.fly-fishing-guides-new-zealand.co.nz/connections.htm

(fourth bit down after several more traditional methods: the "eagle claw line to leader link")

Personally, I stick to roman moser minicons plus superglue - I know others all that their own methods (from making their own braided loops to heating needles (too many trainspotting connotations on that one) and shoving them up lines etc).

Martin

James

I had just been using braided loops that came with the lines i bought.
My snowbee on was starting to crack the line so i chopped of a bit and thought about whipping my own loop onto the line , but was worried it would fail if i did it wrong.
So i decided to buy the Roman minicons and was so surprised at the size of them , when i replace my entire Snowbee floating line i might how ever attempt to whip my own loop  ( if i feel brave enough lol )

Wildfisher

I have tried so many different things. I  now stick  with a good quality non-kinking leader ( Leeda Profile)  with the nail / needle knot combo with a tiny dab of super glue. It is bomb proof.

Go To Front Page