News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

hooks

Started by nant_fisher, November 27, 2005, 05:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nant_fisher

where does everyone get there hooks for fly tying from? i ordered some from the glasgow angling centre 4 or 5 days ago and they still havn't appeared :(  where is the best place to get good hooks at a reasonable price?
Adventure time

lnelson20

Ibelieve some of the lad's have had problem's with the mail order service in the past nantfisher,i visited here last monday and they had two isles dolled off as they were working on the roof,everything i neede was in these isles and i was refused entry,their was also a guy who had travelled all the way from penicuik,and he was also refused entry too this section.Wouldn't have minded so much but it takes me around an hour and a half too get their,surely this work should be done during closed door's,i wasn't a happy bunny i can tell you :twisted: nowhere in oban that would suit you :?:
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

nant_fisher

the reason i got the hooks from the glasgow angling centre was because it was a lot cheaper than getting them from the anglers corner in oban and i really need them soon so i can get my flies done for the swap so i'm getting a bit annoyed.
Adventure time

Wildfisher

Some blatant advertising here, there are hooks in the on-line shop!  :)

nant_fisher

il probably just get them here in the future as i know where the money's going and can have a go at the person on here if my hooks don't appear on time :)
Adventure time

Wildfisher

They are also less expensive than GAC.  :)

GAC are sneaky,  the prices displayed on their site do not include VAT, so they look lower at first glance. In my humble opinion there is no excuse for this, the vast majority of their sales will be in the UK and the EU, where VAT must be charged by law, so why not show it in the price?  Most sites that show the ex VAT price also show the  inc. VAT price along side it.   I would never suggest this is sharp practice, on that you must  draw your own conclusions.   :)

rabbitangler

Sorry Fred, but fishtec & tightlines do Kamasans for about?5 for 100, or they did when I bought them last.

Peter

Wildfisher

Peter,  watch out for the ?2.95 minimum post and packing charge from Fishtec and Tightlines. The same hooks post for 95 pence from our shop.

Go To Front Page