News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Sink Tip Lines

Started by 13Fisher1, March 10, 2013, 10:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13Fisher1

Can anyone recommend a sink tip line?
I don't use often as obviously prefer to be on top (so to speak) but need to replace my sink tip line following a clash with outboard prop last year. :worried

Thanks

Wildfisher

try

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Kinnelle-fly-lines?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I have one of their sink tips good although I seldom if ever use it

Their grey HI d lines  are superb by the way

13Fisher1

Thanks Fred, these are good prices! Like you don't use often, I have poly leaders but prefer actual sink tip, or intermediate etc as I have had issues with poly leader where you get "hinging" effect sometimes when cast or turnover, maybe just me.

Wildfisher

It was my old pal Jedi who put me onto these lines when we were fishing on Drommond loch at a SOSS many years ago. I  seem to remember  he said they were far better value for money  than Barrio, but I could be wrong  :lol: 

I stopped bothering with Drummond, but still use the lines. As I said the grey HD lines are really good. They shoot like rockets and cut through the water like a knife. For streamer fishing they are perfect.

I was going to add HD lines to my range, but with these lines already available there is no point I'd rather recommended them at least at this moment in time anyway.

burnie

Hi Fred do you still have any lines? I might need a floating ,double taper #4 or #5 for the Luther for a wee built cane rod I have.

Wildfisher

any?

I have hunners 

Just took a new delivery last week, all lines are in stock and selling like hot cakes.  :8)

13Fisher1

Thanks guys, on Fred's advice have ordered & received one of the lines from Kinelle, good price.
Have not tried Barrio line Alan but will make a point to do so as I see them mentioned frequently.
Thanks chaps.

Wildfisher

You won't be disappointed with Kinelle Colin. The lines are good and do what they are advertised to do for not a lot of money. Knowing the cost of these lines to buy from the makers imo  some small business line suppliers are getting  greedy with their pricing.  Kinelle, are not and neither am I.  :8)

13Fisher1

Thanks Fred, itching to try it as replacement for previous sink tip which was "attacked" by outboard prop on Katrine...... Yes I know line in before motoring !   :worried

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on March 12, 2013, 06:02:30 PM
the Barrio mallard is a floating line.

To prevent further confusion here is a guide to the British sink tip ducks.

http://jkenny.hubpages.com/hub/The-Complete-Guide-to-British-Birds-Diving-Ducks

Go To Front Page