News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Stocking or Bootfoot?

Started by Wildfisher, January 12, 2006, 04:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

What?s best in waders? Or better ? what is the most convenient. I  have always had boot foot waders and found  stocking foot a bit of a faff-around  to be honest when I tried them on. If you look at the difference in price, boot foot are usually only  slightly dearer than the same wader in stocking foot, certainly the price is not near the price of a pair of wading boots.

So what?s your honest opinion. If someone was going out to buy waders tomorrow, what should he choose and why?

rabbitangler

Got to be stocking foot. On my second pair of boots, cpouldn't do that with bootfoot.

Peter

Wildfisher

Some interesting responses. If I am going to a high loch that involves a lot of climbing I usually don?t take waders at al.  I once took sandals and shorts but that can be a wee bit old. On Peter?s point about being on his second pair of boots, I was wondering if bootfoots   might not last longer anyway? Especially if you buy the models with cleated soles and screw in some studs?

Brendan_spence

i use waders that are older than me i think and are more patch than wader ( damn barb wire fences).  I am thinking of buying neoprenes is it worth spending a lot of money on  a good pair or is there not much difference? and would old work boots do instead of wading boots? there cant be too much difference.

Fierybroon

I use stocking foot with boots so that if there is a problem with either I only have to replace one part.

Go To Front Page