News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Anyone used the SA Sharkskin Ultimate lines

Started by Allan Crawford, March 22, 2013, 12:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I was told  you need ear defenders to use those Sharkskin lines comfortably.  :lol:

Allan Crawford

Quote from: admin on March 22, 2013, 12:36:54 PM
I was told  you need ear defenders to use those Sharkskin lines comfortably.  :lol:

I'm deaf but I wouldn't want to scare the fish  :D
They must not be much use if there going cheap?

Wildfisher

I don't' know anything about them to be honest other than being told  that by a guy who buys a hell of a lot of gear. Some of the others on here will be able to advise better I think.

Hill loch gold

I've had 1 still in the box lying in my loft for the past couple of yrs and i think thats where it'll be staying, after reading some of the comments. I remember when these lines just came oot, they were all hyped up, as the best thing since sliced bread and they wurny cheap either. Think the rrp was £70 or £80, when they 1st came on the scene!!

haresear

One of the guys I fished with in NZ was using a sharkskin. We shared rods one day as his was set up with a heavy nymph and I had a dry on.

I had a few casts with his rod and got a false take on the nymph. I struck, pulling line through my finger, as you do. OUCH! you could practically smell skin burning.

Not for me thanks. Not if they were free.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

Quote from: Hill loch gold on March 22, 2013, 07:19:59 PM
hyped up, as the best thing since sliced bread

I read that too, what it actually said was the best thing for slicing bread.  :lol:

Darwin

They cast great and pick up real easy, but I don't like the zipping sound or the rough texture of the Shark Skin.  I do like the Mastery Texture lines,they cast very well but not going to pay that price either. 

Allan Crawford

Dont think I'll bother £40 is still expensive, floating line fishing is all about enjoyment and a nice handling line is more important that a high performance distance casting line for the fishing I do.

Go To Front Page