News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Great Planned Obsolescence Scam

Started by River Chatter, March 26, 2013, 06:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Chatter

I managed down to the river a week ago for a quick cast in the freezing conditions.  No trout unsurprisingly, but I did discover a leak through one of the neoprene sockets on my Hardy EWS waders I got on sale last year from GAC.  they haven't been used that much, so it isn't fair wear and tear either, and I'm getting pretty bloody sick of this.  Even buying cheapos doesn't cut it in terms of value for money by my reckoning.  Ever the cynic, I'm beginning to suspect that retailers love affair with so called breathable a has much more to do with repeat sales than claimed performance.  I wish Orvis still made its Green Mountain Waders... much better and I don't remember getting all hot and bothered too much wearing them. 

River Chatter

Quote from: guest on March 26, 2013, 06:45:15 PM
.....................and relax! :)

Ach it's a pain and yes I know I'm on a rant. Oh wait I think I've half a bottle of red at home. Sorted... well kinda :)

Wildfisher

Send them to Dave, he'll fix them for you. I have to agree with you  that waders are poorly made - Dave will tell you the same.

As Arthur Daley  would say - a nice little earner.

13Fisher1

I began to suspect that GAC were doing a line in wader "seconds" since I tried and return three different waders last year after they leaked on day one! Even across different makes!

Go To Front Page