News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Kiss the Water

Started by alancrob, June 26, 2013, 08:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alancrob

This might be in the wrong topic?

I am sure many of you either knew or were aware of Megan Boyd.

There has been a documentary made about her life and her art that was shown at the Edinburgh Film Festival last week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-23028940

I like the reference to Diana as being a great catch. Wonder what she would have said about the old trout he has now?

A.

Wildfisher

I heard about this on BBC News the other day. Odd she didn't  fish, but then I suppose there are a lot of fly tiers who seldom if ever fish and for whom fly tying has become a hobby apart.

Sandison

Megan Boyd was indeed 'a legend in her own time'. I smiled, however, at an article in Scotland on Sunday about Megan; it suggested that she had named a fly a Wooly Hugger - and there was a sunset picture of Loch of Stenness in Orkney with the caption "an angler tries his luck for salmon"; said angler clearly trout fishing. Haven't seen the film, but would be interested in a comment from a forum member who has?
Bruce Sandison

waafisher

Anyone seen this yet? Website and trailer look interesting. Seems to be doing the rounds at selected Scottish locations although none here in Lothian.
Interested to hear from members who have viewed the film.
Brian

<p>Kiss the Water -- Trailer from Eric Steel on Vimeo.</p>

www.kiss-the-water.com
waafisher

waafisher

I see it is on at "The Birks" Aberfeldy on 28th January so may pop along as I am at Kenmore that week.
Brian
waafisher

Clan Chief

It's on at the GFT at the end of the month . I'm thinking of going along to one of the afternoon showings. Dates and times are on GFT website for anyone interested.

tomsampson

Went to see it at DCA last night. It is a beautifully shot film. Don't expect anything revelatory on either fishing or fly tying just wallow in the beauty of the north and be amazed at Megan Boyd's extraordinary life. I knew her name but knew little about her. My only criticism would be it rather over played the fact that she tied flies for Prince Charles. I went with two non fishers who loved it!

Go To Front Page