News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

REELS

Started by Fierybroon, February 02, 2006, 08:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fierybroon

What is everyones opinion on cheap,cheerful and often or a bit more expense and spend less often.

Wildfisher

I would say (and I would say it since I sell them) that the Snowbee Classic reels are great. Not just me, Mike and Hamish agree. Built like a brick shiite house, no frills except variable disk drag, no wide arbour, just a good reel. Mind you I use a Vossler too and although expensive it is a pleasure to use, as most quality kit is. On the question of drag, it is worth having. Not for playing fish but to make winding in easier than  pulling off (careful how you say that) with no overrun like you get with cheapo reels.

lnelson20

Had my eye on the Pflueger Trion large arbour recently,lovely looking reel,and got a great report in one of the mag's,not to expensive at around 60 quid,it's the price of the spare spool's that get me with some reel's,bloody expensive :roll: anyone have first hand knowledge of the reel mentioned :?:
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

Quote from: zeolite

For wild fishing you want, light reliable and dull.

Agreed.

Just a thought, Bandy man is heavy and  reliably   dull.

As they say, two out of three ain’t bad.  :lol:

lnelson20

Come on lad's,how many troot are going to be put of with a shiny reel :)
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Don't think it will make a differance to my catch rate Swithun :roll: although i do see the down side of bright or shiny gear.
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Fierybroon

Ive been using the greys grx since I started fishing three seasons ago,but wasnt entirely happy with it as the plastic spools didnt seem to fit too well or wore down a bit.So I replaced it with a Vision Koma late last year and got a free spool with it.It seems to suit me well.And as I have never got my fast sinker wet yet two spools seem to be enough for now.I think anything around the ?50 mark seems to be decent enough gear.

Fierybroon

The Koma is not too shiny,I dont think it makes any difference to my catch rate(if I had one!!)But good point about breaking the fishes vision with too much movement being more of a problem

Richy

Quote from: admin

Just a thought, Bandy man is heavy and  reliably   dull.

Fred shame on you...............with only 40 days to the great day, how can you forget the colour of John's Bermudas... :shock:  :shock: ..... :lol:

Heavy.....well yes his ruckie will be, carrying in my energy drinks all season  :lol:  :lol:

All the best

Richy

Richy

Woose  :wink:  :wink:

All the best

Richy

Go To Front Page