News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scams

Started by Inchlaggan, November 09, 2013, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

My neighbour works from home as an IT engineer, he revels in keeping them on the phone for ages and annoying them until,they hang up.

He said it it stops them from phoning more people in a day he is doing good work :D

sinbad

Usually i say yes I'm really interested could you wait a moment till i get my bank cards looked out, then leave the phone connected and do whatever i was doing. Must cost them a few bob till they twig and hang up  :D

hopper

I enjoy my Friday night windup especially if I have had a beer with my tea, tell them I am interested in their windows, kitchens solar panels ect, they already have my name so I am not bothered they always want to put you on to their line manager to confirm your details that's when I tell them I am not interested and am just winding them up like they are doing to me.
Sad I know but it is Friday night.  :lol:

aliferste

I hate to say it but I lost the rag at one of these event viewer women the other day and said words I would not even use with my pals down the pub.

I caught my mother in law on the computer once trying to install event viewer with them on the phone, remember there are lots of folk out there that they do actually scam!

Bobfly

It used to be the case that if you did not put down your handset that even if the caller tried to disconnect that their line remained in use and they could not redial another number. Only when both handsets were cradled did the line become reusable for the caller. Leaving your phone lying therefore took that line away from the caller which is slight revenge. Does this still apply with land lines these days ???
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page