News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Greys Clothing

Started by Drifter, February 12, 2006, 08:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drifter

Iam looking for a new jacket this year. I have my eye on the Greys GRXi  wading jacket which looks good and this is a new version out this year. But i've heard there were problems with there previous range of clothing ie water p......ng in. I have a pair of their over trousers and they are ok. Anybody help on this one?

Fin

Hi Drifter, i've not heard anything bad about the greys jacket. I bought a snowbee boat jacket last year and it is very good. You get three types full lenght, boat and wading. I went for the boat jacket as it gives you that extra bit of lenght to protect the bottom of your back whilst sitting in a boat. It also pulls up using draw cords so you can use it as a wading jacket. It has saved me from the elements so far, no leaks, good seals and quite breathable.

It came in slighter cheaper than the greys at ?129. Good comfortable fit with good sealed cuffs. It's maybe worth having a look at.
    The boat jacket is a great lenght. Everyone has their own preference though. Good luck :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Fin

Fierybroon

I've got the old style grx wading jacket and matching pantiloons.Had them for three years now.Best waterproof gear ever worn.In short,the bollocks!!!

beaniboy67

not heard anyt bad reports about them either.

i nearly bought one in january but the guy from glasgow angling centre suggested the loop adventure jacket instead.

price was 165 down to 135 so not much difference in price and he also said the loop adventure had been given a thorough testing and had been voted top jacket  in a review in T and S.

link here and vailable in the Uk from a few places

http://www.looptackle.se/eng/showroom/clothing/adventure_jacket.htm

http://www.flyshop-online.co.uk/acatalog/Loop_Clothing.html

stephen_oconnor

whatever you do dont buy the ron thompson montana wading jacket, the bit where the arms ar supposed to zip off lets in water like hell

Drifter

Thanks for the replies. Fin had a look at the Snowbee jackets and liked the look of the boat jacket but hav'nt seen any reviews on them. will certainly look into it as i do a fair bit of boat fishing on awe.

Jim.

Boxer

Not a wading jacket, but I have theGrey's fleece - the one with fabric panels on it. Very well made - so the quality is there.

lnelson20

The scierra aquatex is worth a look,3/4 length plus two wading option's,I use the 3'4 length,nice jacket,and Allan has the deep wader i believe,so can't be bad.
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Drifter

Hi chris,  i have a scierra jacket at the moment which is four years old but it started to leak last year, i tried treating it but it still let in water on the arms so that's why i'me looking for something else.

Jim.

Go To Front Page