News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

GAC open weekend 28th/1st/2nd March

Started by Highlander, February 26, 2014, 12:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squigster

Quote from: Suki1312 on February 26, 2014, 10:18:09 PM
When is the kelvin open day ?

Lifted from www.fishkelvin.com 

The official start of the season is the 11th of February. The ceremony will be held on Saturday the 15th of March to coincide with the opening of the trout season, and hopefully things will be a bit warmer this time! As usual we will meet before and after in the Islay Inn for food and a few drinks.

Clan Chief

I will go to watch some tying demos.They are rather enjoyable. Won't be buying anything. Well maybe a couple of flytying odds n ends

Hoolet

Matt Heys....Salmon Angler?....aye that'll be right !
I've read or should that be endured some of his pish writings in Trout & Salmon and have to say they're on a par with the exalted Stan the Man.....pure and utter balls.

Hoolet.
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Suki1312

Quote from: Hoolet on February 27, 2014, 12:32:57 AM
Matt Heys....Salmon Angler?....aye that'll be right !
I've read or should that be endured some of his pish writings in Trout & Salmon and have to say they're on a par with the exalted Stan the Man.....pure and utter balls.

Hoolet.
Had a chuckle at this myself , world class course fisherman but wielder of a fly rod defo not . Infact he's quite pish with one :D
Every day is a school day

bibio1

I was passing on Thursday and they were setting it my.

My advice to you Billy is go to the seewoo restaurant next door. A proper Chinese and the dimsim is brilliant.

As for the gac I'd give it a miss.

Billy

I went along and met an old friend. I got my vice and a few extras. Back to town and had one of the best lunches ever (Thai).
A wee bit of shopping, more beers and home for a couple of taliskers. In all a good day out.

Billy

bibio1

Was it the Thai on Buchanan st near the underground. That's a good one as well.

Harpo

Quote from: Suki1312 on February 27, 2014, 09:18:02 AM
Had a chuckle at this myself , world class course fisherman but wielder of a fly rod defo not . Infact he's quite pish with one :D

He was, now appears to be pretty decent. Lives half the year in Norway fishing for Trout and Salmon.
Still does the Coarse stuff for the advetising money and TV but fly fishing is his love now.

Casts pretty well with both arms from what i saw in his recent show.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Element on March 02, 2014, 12:07:21 AM
Regarding Seewoo... don't be too keen to grab some dried seafood noodle packets... one I got from there gave me extremely bad food poisoning - I have never ever bought any more from them!

You just never know do you?  The other day I had a slight  stomach upset after eating  some dried fruit I  got at Lidl.  Not sick, just very uncomfortable and could hardly sleep for the pressure and loud gurgling in the stomach. Not very nice.  I was OK next morning and binned the packet of fruit when I got up.

Billy

Quote from: bibio1 on March 02, 2014, 12:31:06 AM
Was it the Thai on Buchanan st near the underground. That's a good one as well.

It is that one Paul.
Chaopraya.

I had the chicken satay with peanut sauce as a starter. Best ever. We tried to getting in when it first opened but it was always too busy.

We just passed by and thought we would give it a go.

Billy

Go To Front Page