News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

GAC open weekend 28th/1st/2nd March

Started by Highlander, February 26, 2014, 12:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki1312

As they say in deepest Ayrshire ' Ad rather bile tripe ':D
Every day is a school day

scobo

Went to one last year and wasn't that impressed.
My mate got a half decent deal on a rod but it wasn't really worth the 45 minute drive through.
A handy place if you want to try a rod out though. They do have a big selection.
Scott

"Fly fishing is my prozac"

Billy

Quote from: admin on March 02, 2014, 11:15:16 AM
Is slide into Chinese grub in any way indicative of GAC or their open weekend?   :lol:

The slide from see woo to undergarments is a bit more worrying.

Billy

Wildfisher

Not really Billy.  The consensus amongst the members appears to be GAC is pants.

It's subliminal  messaging  and was bound to happen.   :lol:

Midgie Hater

You guys must've been really bored last night  :shock:  :lol:

Anyway, I trumped the "kerry-oot" by making a Rogan Josh to my carefully honed recipe. Seems the subliminal worked in transmitting the desire for Indian among the WFF clientele seen as I (thankfully!) didn't see this thread until just now.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Midgie Hater on March 03, 2014, 01:17:59 PM
Anyway, I trumped the "kerry-oot" by making a Rogan Josh to my carefully honed recipe.

Trumped eh?  Do you mean permission to use the recipe was given the go ahead by the Scottish Government despite local objections from your neigbours?   :D

Midgie Hater

Indeed Fred  :lol: Mind you, my curries generally require me, for the purpose of neighbour relations, to warn the local community in advance so they know to close all windows and seal all keyholes to mitigate against fall-out incursion.

Only thing is, i'm still pulling bits of dubious toupe out of my teeth today.

Allan Crawford

I would not go as far as to say Matt Hayes is an expert, I could probably agree if you called his father in law an expert ! So Matt is getting alot of good tuition and putting the hours in.

As for the GAC too far away for me, have called in a couple of times over the years, nice to have a look and usually some bargins to be had, though on average not any cheaper than any where else, and yes big bonus and probably best thing you can go next door and get some decent cheap spices  :)

Go To Front Page