News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

waterproof camera pouches

Started by beaniboy67, February 21, 2006, 01:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaniboy67

just reading the thread on cameras and thot i would  post this.

i have used one of these for 3 years and they work amazingly

i take most of my pictures without taking the camera out the pouch and it doesnt seem to make much difference at all too quality.

they can be bought in a few places but  the following has them on sale at the moment

http://www.sportfish.co.uk/product/31814/Aquapac_Compact_Camera_Pouch_Blue.html

they are very easy to use and 100 percent waterproof. i always have mines round my kneck when fishing.

alot of the pictures on the following thread were used with the pouch  not being removed and some were taken with it removed. i dont suppose you will be able to tell the difference.

http://www.wild-fishing-scotland.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2053

very good for less than 20 quid. protects cameras on sunny beaches aswell(im a travel agent )  :lol: and  is a great alternative to a standard pouch with only a tenner difference in price and maybe een less in some cases.

beaniboy67

Quote from: Bandy CatcherBeaniboy - That looks like a really good idea. I gave my camera a swim in the River Isla last year. It had to go back to the makers to get it fixed (insured thankfully). But I missed the camera on a few fishing outings.

As you say for twenty quid, it's worth it.

John

As i said its great for fisherman or beach lovers.

i dont use a standard pouch now.I alwayas use the waterproof pouch instead.No matter what way you look at it your camera is safe from rain or a dipping in the loch/river. Even if fully submerged no water can get in as there is a fully vacumed seal. If it was dropped in deeper water the cord handle could be caught to retrieve it easier and the bright blue and yellow clolour would also make it easier to see.

all in all a pretty decent bit of kit.

Go To Front Page