News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fiag Lodge

Started by superscot, October 07, 2014, 06:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Have been looking into lodge renting as a few friends would like to spend a week in the highlands.

Decided to inquire further into Faig Lodge as its brand spanking new and would maybe suit the party overall as it would be a mixed group in attendance.

From a previous post they were quoting in the region of £2000 to £3000 per weeks stay no cook involved for that price!

Couple of boats on Loch Faig with outboards and fuel included. I did ask if there was salmon fishing on the River Faig and she said yes?????

Don't think that gets a run anymore unless I'm wrong.

Included a few photos that have been sent through to me and to say the least not impressed at all with the furniture as it looks as if it's been flung together.

For a high season price of £3k for basic brown trout fishing for me it's just too steep in price and I think they will struggle to fill the place at that price.

I'm maybe looking for too much for my £3k

Mind this place will sleep 12

A few photos sent through
[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=6]

loch coulter

it might sleep 12, but where will they sit, the whole place seems a wee bit bare an cold looking, does not seem to have any warmth about it :shock:

superscot

Have to agree its a bit bare to say this least and mind this is bandy fishing not world class trout fishing ! Just interested to hear the lads views

Wildfisher

Quote from: superscot on October 07, 2014, 07:14:18 PM
Just interested to hear the lads views

It's got a nice stag's heid.  :lol:

superscot

QuoteIt's got a nice stag's heid

shakes heid !!!!

Wildfisher

I don't think the fishing there is especially good, certainly not any better than anywhere else in the northern highlands. I have not fished Loch Fiag, but I know folk who have and they caught the standard small fish you might expect from an acidic loch. The river is OK fr trout if there is water.

Bobfly

Eight years back I stayed at the new Balgy Lodge with a group of ten or so.
Much better value than that showing at Fiag and much better fishings too.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Billy

The river is full of trout and I was broken by one but as said already, its a lot of money for bandies.

Interior could do with some soft furnishings  :gay4 but its not enough to justify the cash.

Billy

superscot

QuoteWhat about Rhidorroch?

That does look nice and some salmon fishing included, the thing about Loch Faig is a hell of a price for basically trout fishing and
not exactly limestone water class.

Be interesting to see how the lets go as she plans to up a web page soon, but for me just way over priced for what your getting.     

Fishtales

http://www.georgegoldsmith.com/properties/kinlochmoidart-house

Never stayed in it, only parked in the grounds, but the people who own it are very nice and the husband is very knowledgeable and helpful as far as the fishing goes. George and I have been in the kitchen though and had tea/coffee, fresh baked rolls and venison, scones and chocolate biscuits while we chatted to himself and the housekeeper :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Go To Front Page